E-mail: enmar(--nospam--at)etheron.net

De: Dennis S. Wish PE <wish(--nospam--at)cwia.com>
Para: SEA International List <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
CC: cassrce(--nospam--at)aol.com <cassrce(--nospam--at)aol.com>
Fecha: Lunes 14 de Diciembre de 1998 03:52 PM
Asunto: Conc 14 Kips Deadman foundation info needed

A friend and associate in my area needs to design a Deadman foundation for a large tent structure that will be in place for more than the 180 days imposed by the local building official. Based upon an 80 mph wind in the area, he needs to design a Deadman capable of resisting 14 kips of upload.

1. What is the best type of foundation to use in an area of sandy soils?

He has considered a cube footing, but feels that it will be rather difficult to remove when the structure is removed.
He is also considering using a friction pile so as to keep the diameter at approximately 30".

Can anyone provide me with some suggestions and possibly a sample analysis. Neither of us have done this for a long time and are pretty rusty in the steps.

If you wish, you can respond to the engineer directly (he is not yet on this list). Send email to Cass Rogers at cassrce(--nospam--at)aol.com. If you don't mind, please cc to this list as I and others will find the answers informative.

Thanks in advance for your comments.
Dennis S. Wish PE