Re: "re-use" fees

Greg,
I think you are getting some confusing responses. Here is my response just
to get you even more confused!! I would charge a base price of say $1.25 to
$1.50 per square foot of each floor plan then add say $200.00 for each
modified elevation. Afterwards add say $100.00 to $200.00 for each
additional home depending on the number of the homes to be built in that
particular tract.
To me the term RE-USE is when the same plans are to be built in another
site. In that case I would charge 75% of the original fees, even if I spend
less than an hour to seal the plans. Any modification will be extra and
shall be based on hourly rate up to 100% of the original fees.

Karim Hosseinzadeh, SE

----------
> From: GRileyPE(--nospam--at)aol.com
> To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
> Subject: "re-use" fees
> Date: Monday, December 14, 1998 5:46 PM
>
> Lately, I've been asked to bid some housing tract projects. The houses
are
> approximately 2,000 to 2,500 with 3 standard plans and 3 elevations for
each
> plan. The tract size ranges from 24 to 50 homes. What are typical
guidelines
> for the "re-use" fee of the plan after the first three models are built?
I've
> been getting a very wide divergence of opinions (so what else is new?).
Any