Re: Railings

I think Ralph is correct on this point.  The photos I saw looked like
the railing bracket at the floor attach point ripped out a chunk of the
floor ... sudden failure, not a yielding one.
regards

 Robert Kazanjy, PE  **Disclaimer: I speak for myself not UC-Irvine**
 Senior Development Engineer
 Civil & Environmental Engineering
 UC Irvine
 E4130 EG,  Zot: 2175