acoustical steel deck

I have had discussions with an engineer at a roof deck fabricator regarding acoustical deck with respect to diaphragm loading.  He told me that they tested 1.5" - 22 ga deck and observed a 40% reduction in the diaphragm shear capacity from normal deck to standard perforated deck (ie.the webs of the deck are perforated only). I am interested in any information that anyone has regarding testing on other types of deck -- thicker steel (18 or 20 ga.) and with 3" deck as well.
We are using the perforated deck to help contol sound in a gym roof.

David Handy, P.Eng
dhandy(--nospam--at)trg.ca