RE: A Good Masonry Course

The University of Wisconsin, Department of Engineering Professional
Development has two courses in Madison, WI  in January.  The first course is
on Jan. 26 and Jan. 27. It is titled "Masonry Design and Construction: How
to Avoid and Solve Masonry Problems".  The second course is on Jan. 28 and
Jan. 29.  It is entitled "Structural Design of Masonry Systems".  You may
call the school at 800-462-0876 or visit their web site at
http://epdwww.engr.wisc.edu/.  If you are unable to attend those events, you
should contact ACI at http://aci-int.org. They had a traveling seminar in
1998 and may have more in 1999.  They also publish a good reference entitled
"Masonry Designer's Guide".