Crane Columns and Girders

We are currently investigating the relocation of a 10 ton crane
with a 5 ton auxillary.  The existing crane support system is
one steel beam sitting on top of 2 isolated crane columns
with the beam cantilevering out 66" each end.  The relocated
crane system will be  about 80' long (instead of the 19'-6" c/c of
columns).  Because of cost constraints, the owner wishes to use
what ever steel can be salvaged.

In the new location (existing building already built), one line of
columns could be braced off the building columns, but on the other side
the building columns are 25' away.  Any suggestions on bracing the other
crane girder?

Does anyone have experience sitting crane girders on top of columns?
We have always preferred to extend the crane columns up and have a
stub for the crane girders to sit on which eases in the detailing of
supporting the compression flange.