Re: Computer Program-Restrained Slabs

If you have monetary constraints with software purchases you can model the
tank with a grillage of beams. The beams are strips of slab on a 1m grid or
3 feet (or whatever). You can fix them at the base if continuous with a
base slab or have them pinned. This way it is easy to put point loads at
the intersections of the grillage.This method is a little conservative
however because of the loss of the torsional restraint of the slab members
to each other. It gives a pretty good result however if crack control
reinforcement is being used anyway and might govern spacing etc. Just a
thought.