Epoxy and Welding

I am curious if anyone has had any problems with welding to plates that
have been epoxied into a concrete slab.

I am devising a retrofit for some miss-placed precast panel embed plates
and my initial thought was to epoxy a plate with some rebar welded to it.
We would then weld the precast connection to the plate.   Has anyone
experienced problems breakdown of the epoxy due to the heat transfer to the
epoxy through the plate and bars?

Thanks

John F. Jones, S.E.
Asia Pacific Region Manager