Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Rw Question[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Rw Question
- From: Tarek Mokhtar <Tarek(--nospam--at)deltanet.com>
- Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 10:22:54 -0800 (PST)
I am reviewing a set of plans for a building in the city of LA prepared by another SE. I noticed that he is using an Rw of 6 for cantilevered steel columns, and when I pointed out the 1996 supplement of the 94 UBC requiring the use of Rw of 3, his reply was that the City of LA did not adopt this provision. Is this True? and if it is not could you please fax me the pertinant section from the LACBC Thankyou, and Happy Holidays Tarek Mokhtar, SE 949-499-6254 949-499-2777 fax > > >
- Prev by Subject: Rw Factor with additional Question comparing Rigid Diaphragm Analysis.
- Next by Subject: Rw question
- Previous by thread: Re: Retrofit of Existing RC Spread Footings for Additional Loads
- Next by thread: Rw question