Unbraced length issues

Hello,

We have a project designing for fall protection.  The superstructure
consists of a monorail beam spanning 24 feet to a cantilevered
column off a drilled pier with a beam cantilevering off of the column at
each end.  We are then planing on putting in an angle bracket.  The
column is ~18 feet tall and the beam cantilevers ~ 10feet.  The angle
bracket is at 45 degrees and intersects the beam and column ~ 4 feet from
the junction of the beam and column.  Now what unbraced length do you use
in designing the beam?  For the column we will take K  = 2.1 and the l
will be the height of the column.  But we have varying opinions about the
beam.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike