Fw: DRAIN 2D+, VIEW2d, DRAIN-2DX,NONLIN-Pro

Eddie-

Our office obtained DRAIN2D+/VIEW2D and then got NONLIN PRO.  NONLINPRO uses
a (slightly) modified version of DRAIN2DX.  The modification is not in the
calculation code, just in the file output.

I wasn't very impressed with VIEW2D, esp after we got NONLIN.

NONLIN PRO is a very useful program.  Currently it does not allow for INPUT,
only viewing of results, but Dr. Charney has spoken in the past about adding
graphic input to the program.  DRAIN is not all that difficult to use, but
it IS cumbersome though.  One word of caution - I have had some minor
problems with the version of DRAIN2DX used by NONLIN PRO in that I can't
access the switches that allow for modification of the input parameters.
That is, many programs that run in batch mode allow the user to put in
additional parameters on the command line to modify, for example, the number
of load cases, nodes or member types that can be input.  I have run into a
member type ceiling before, but because DRAIN2DX is run from inside NONLIN
PRO, I couldn't increase the allowed number (does that make any sense at
all?).  Other than that, I have no complaints.

If you want to discuss this further, you can email me personally or let me
know over the list.