From: John Dewar <jfd(--nospam--at)freese.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Date: Tuesday, December 22, 1998 4:44 PM
Subject: Swimming pools

I have a project with an enclosed swimming pool at a collegiate
sports facility, and I'm concerned about corrosion of the steel roof
joists.  The joists will be around 20 feet clear above the pool,
spanning about 100 feet.  The area will be well-ventilated and
air-conditioned.

Will a plaster ceiling be required to protect the joists from the
moisture?  I'm hoping to avoid an expensive epoxy paint job or using
concrete double-tees.  What type of roof framing has anyone else put
over a pool?

Thanks for your input.
John Dewar
ext. 7431