Re: Fw: Moment-Curvature Analysis Software by Priestley

Thank you very much!!!

Happy Holidays,
ed gonzalez

>>> "T. Eric Gillham PE" <gk2(--nospam--at)kuentos.guam.net> 12/22/98 02:46PM >>>
Eddie-

Me again.  The program you are refering to is called SEQMC (SEQAD Moment
Curvature - SEQAD is Dr. Priestley's consulting firm).  It does MC for
rectangular, circular and hollow circular members.  Rect sections can have
nonsym reinforcement.  I highly recommend this program as it is quite easy
to use and covers a lot of the cases I run into.

SEQMC is put out by SC Solutions ( www.scsolutions.com ), and is only about
$600.  Check out their website.

Another MC program is RcSection, put out by Pikaso Software (www.pikaso.com,
I think).  This program is much more flexible than SEQMC, in that you can
build up sections in pretty much any configuration you want.  The only
downside compared to SEQMC is that the user has to specify the confinement
properties of the concrete (lots of models available, including Mander,
Hognestad, KP and modified KP, as well as others), whereas SEQMC does that
for you once you have specified the confinement As area and fy.  Of course,
SEQMC only uses Mander (and modified KP for cover, I think), so that may be
a limitation.  But, given your previous post on the Mander model, this may
not be a problem for you.

Finally, you could try BIAX, if you have a lot of time on your hands.

Anyway, hope this helps.