Re: Crane Columns and Girders

If what you have typed is correct, then in the new design the crane girder
will have an overhang of 363"(30'3") as against existing 66", with the
interior span of 19'6". Seems very unusual to me. You could have significant
uplift on one of the supporting columns.  Make sure that the column base
connections are adequate. You will be ending up with a fairly heavy girder.

Is the crane running on top of crane girder? I believe it is, since the
girder is set on top of columns.  In this case, it would be far more
economical to erect two new columns at either ends of the new crane girder.
It is an interesting problem.  Did I understand it correctly? Please respond
to this initial response from me.

Rajendran