From: John Dewar On Behalf Of John Dewar
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 1998 4:37 PM
To: mail@ih {seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org}
Subject: Swimming pools

I have a project with an enclosed swimming pool at a collegiate sports
facility, and I'm concerned about corrosion of the steel roof joists.  The
joists will be around 20 feet clear above the pool, spanning about 100 feet.
The area will be well-ventilated and air-conditioned.
Will a plaster ceiling be required to protect the joists from the moisture?
I'm hoping to avoid an expensive epoxy paint job or using concrete
double-tees.  What type of roof framing has anyone else put over a pool?

Thanks for your input.
John Dewar
ext. 7431