RE: Cold Weather and Concrete

Terrence:
I would take a look at ACI 306R - Cold Weather Concreting.  By the way, in
Alaska, we often tent and heat the entire structure in order to continue
depositing concrete during the winter.  If the weather isn't extreme, you
can sometimes get away with insulated blankets on top of the slab and
utilize the heat of hydration to prevent freezing.  There are other options
also.

Regards...
Henry David Kim
VECO Engineering Inc.
e-mail... HENRY.KIM(--nospam--at)VECO.COM
Office...(907) 762-1525 (voice) - (907) 762-1595 (fax)
Home...(907) 243-0918 (voice & fax)
Cell.......(907) 244-1553
APSC MS UPB5