RE:Swimming Pools

If a wood deck and glulam design is not feasible, you might want to look at galvanized steel.  I have never designed a pool enclosure, but I have done several drinking water reservoirs with hot-dipped galvanized wide flange beams.  I recently inspected a reservoir that had been in service for 20 years and observed only one small area of corrosion in hundreds of beams.  I would look into using galvanized bolts instead of stainless steel that we normally use for our reservoirs.

--Kipp A. Martin
The goal of every engineer is to retire without
being blamed for a major catastrophe
                                          Dilbert