Structural Drawings as Art

Bruce,

Have you tried the Library of Congress.  Their web site
(http://lcweb.loc.gov) is now featuring, "American Memory," and includes
photos and line drawings of selected structures (Golden Gate Bridge photo,
Beebe Windmill photos and drawings, San Xavier Mission photo and drawings),
etc.

I agree with you that many of the old architectural and engineering drawings
are works of art.  The lettering and details are often exquisite, something
that I doubt will be said of our CAD drawings.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

You wrote:

. > Does anyone know of a source for structural drawings, concept drawings,
. > antique blueprints, etc. as artwork? I recently came across some framed
. > structural drawings of certain famous bridges, they're quite attractive.
. > I'm wondering if there is a source for more of this sort of thing.
. >
. > Thanks,
. >
. > Bruce Bates