Structural Drawings as Art

Bruce:  I collect old engineering and construction books, plus a few of the
drawings the old-time "draughtsmen" so meticulously prepared -- truly works of
art. Sadly, the heirs usually discard these drawings. Until I read your post
and followed with great interest all the responses, I thought I was the only
nostolgic around. I haunt used bookstores and often find framable plates in
some of the old construction and architectural books. I have spent many hours
in Powells in Portland, probably the largest used bookstore in the country,
and they have a huge used (and new) technical bookstore a block away. And you
can search them on-line at www.powells.com. Anyone with a similar interest can
contact me privately.
Hugh Brooks