Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Welding Anchor Bolts[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Welding Anchor Bolts
- From: "Horning, Dick/CVO" <dhorning(--nospam--at)CH2M.com>
- Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 10:17:21 -0700
I'm a little dubious about welding on A 307 since the carbon is uncontrolled. At the least, you would want to know the carbon equivalent to determine preheat/postheat requirements similar to welding A 615 rebar. -----Original Message----- From: John W. Bryan [SMTP:jaybryan(--nospam--at)voicenet.com] Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 1998 8:16 AM To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org Subject: Welding Anchor Bolts We have encountered a field condition with misplaced anchor bolts, whereby in some instances we are getting only a couple of threads engagement between the bolt and the nut. These are 11/4 inch ASTM A307 anchor bolts. The question is, would it be acceptable to plug weld the nut to the bolt? If so, are there any special welding procedures to be specified? Thanks for any advice.
- Prev by Subject: Welding Anchor Bolts
- Next by Subject: RE: Welding Anchor Bolts
- Previous by thread: Re:
- Next by thread: RE: Welding Anchor Bolts