From: Brad Friederichs
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 1998 2:04 PM
To: Joyce; SEAOC
Subject: Affidavit for Welding Inspector

I have been asked (for a fee) to sign an affidavit for an out of state
welding inspector that certifies his ability to inspect welding
fabrications
constructed in out of state shops.

The projects are for construction in California.  The affidavit must be
signed by a CA structural engineer.

Can you recommend a procedure to follow to evaluate this inspector and
determine if I should certify him?

I appreciate your responses to this and other questions.

Brad Friederichs
VE Solutions, Inc.
Rancho Cordova, CA

916-505-0519