Re: Affidavit for Welding Inspector

Brad:

Of all the welders I have "carded" in the field, all were certified by
an approved materials testing company, directed by Professional
Engineers.  The candidated must appear with equipment and perform welds
as directed by the company Engineer as to overhead, size, length,
material compatibility, etc.  This is not simple process for the welder.
All welders carded were very happy to show me their certficication card.
Welders can also be certified also according to types of welds made.  I
would not, as a Structural Engineer, certify a welder.

Donn Wooldridge RA/SE
Phoenix, AZ
602-955-0960