OSHA: railing with mounted lights

In looking at OSHA letters of interpretation on their web site, I saw a
letter
which indicated that railings at platforms would be permitted to have
lighting
stands mounted to them, in relation to a question on railing clearances.
But
I have always had another concern regarding attaching light posts/stanchions
to guardrail protection: on an exterior guardrail, it seems that the
"flagpole" light would induce lateral wind load on the railing which may not
have been accounted for in design - and would reduce the available strength
for support of personnel leaning against it.  Any other opinions on the
acceptability of attaching light posts to OSHA or UBC required guardrails at
platforms?