Re: Steel Joists

Mike,

Any joist with a pitched top chord more than 1/8" per foot does not fit the
tables. Your only choice is to either field measure the members or somehow
obtain the shop drawings. Does the original General Contractor or Architect
still have the joist shop drawings? I believe Haven-Busch used to actually
produce a complete shop drawing of the joist in that era.

Jim Kestner, P.E.
Green Bay, Wi.