Re: Approximate Panel Zone Rotational Stiffness Equation

Ed,

I would suggest using Krawinkler model for this. Original Refrence is:
Engineering Journal of AISC, 3rd Qurter 1978, " Shear in Beam-Column Joints
in Seismic Design of Steel Frames"

OR,

If you have Ductile Design of Steel Structures by Michel Bruneau, et. al.,
published by McGraw-Hill in 1998. You find the equations that you need on pages
296 through 298.

Majid Sarraf
Civil Eng.
University of Ottawa
www.uottawa.ca/~msarraf

>Does anyone have/know of an approximate panel zone rotational stiffness
>equation for use in preliminary analysis of a beam column joint?
>
>Regards,
>ed gonzalez

              ~      ~           ~ ___
                       [_________]-|__)
              __________OO______O__O_O___________________________
                  |==========================================|
                   \               Majid Sarraf             /
                    \             Ph.D Candidate           /
                     \   Department of Civil Engineering  /
                      |        University of Ottawa      |
                      |           Ottawa, Ontario        |
                      |            Canada K1N 6N5        |