RE: slab on grade

Crazy thought.  Post-tension it to limit the cracking.
rdb

 -----Original Message-----
From: Jerry D. Coombs [SMTP:jdcoombs(--nospam--at)wilsonco.com]
Sent: Monday, January 04, 1999 2:02 PM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: RE: slab on grade

Bill,
Yeah, that's taken care of, I have soil info.  Out here in sunny NM, I
have
very sandy, fine granular, low (-0-) PI high bearing soil with
consistently
dry conditions.  I'll prep it to get good uniform bearing,    I just want

it to hold together when it shrinks and have a reason for what I do
rather
than use a 5" slab with #5's @12"OCEW and call it good.  Seasonal (and
even
daily) temperature swings are pretty drastic.  I know it'll crack, but
where and how much.
Thanx
JDC