RE: Structural Engineers are Artists!

All of the ideas on this thread have merit, but..... The basic
civil/structural engineering BS has now grown to how many units??? I
know that when I graduated with my BSCE I had about 35 "extra" units,
and I didn't take anything extra. All those 5 unit physics and chemistry
classes have lots of prerequisites.....To fit in everything everyone
thinks a BSCE candate should know, you have arrived at a 6 year, 170 or
180 unit program. That makes engineering less appealing to students who
need to get their degree and start working to pay it back! I feel it
must be said that a structural engineer to be has a LOT to learn from
where he or she works. You can't learn how to BE an engineer in school.
You can (hopefully) learn how to THINK like an engineer.

Monte Griffiths, BSCE, MSCE, S.E.