RE: Structure Magazine - Computers and SE Judgement article

>My point is that my intuition told me that a 21" deep beam was too much -
>however, I forgot about the storage load and mezzanine application. I did
>what anyone should do - satisfy myself that the results are justified by
>checking the input.
Bingo. Listen to your guts, but don't bet the farm 'til you do (and
review) the numbers. And if you can think of an independent way to arrive
at a result, try that too. I've heard all the cracks about 'paralysis by
analysis,' but I wouldn't buy a car or sign a drawing until the numbers
worked out irrespective of all those good vibes floating around.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw