Re: Ketchum's Structural Engineers Handbook

Mr. Ketchum,

Thanks for explaining this. You must feel very proud to have been raised by
a father who was a renowned structural engineer and the author of one the
best steel design handbooks in early 1900. I search for such references for
long while, and I found his book as one of the most comprehensive handbooks
during that time.

As far as I know he was a professor at the University of Illinois. What
happend to him afterwards? I am anxious to know more about his professional
contributions, after his retirement from the university.

>If I had to do the same thing every day filling out forms I
>would not be the same man.  Engineeing changes a person.  Ask your wife.

Thanks

Majid Sarraf
Ph.D. Candidate/ lecturer
Civil Eng.
University of Ottawa
Canada

www.uottawa.ca/~msarraf

              ~      ~           ~ ___
                       [_________]-|__)
              __________OO______O__O_O___________________________
                  |==========================================|
                   \               Majid Sarraf             /
                    \             Ph.D Candidate           /
                     \   Department of Civil Engineering  /
                      |        University of Ottawa      |
                      |           Ottawa, Ontario        |
                      |            Canada K1N 6N5        |