Ketchum's Structural Engineers Handbook

Mr. Ketchum,

There is Structural Engineers Handbook by "Milo S. Ketchum". It was
published by McGraw-Hill in 1914, 1918 and 1924.

I wondered you have any family relation with the author and his whereabout,
and if you would know how I can obtain the 1914 edition of the Handbook, or
any other old structural steel deisgn books by the same author.

I like to learn more about typical details and design methodologies used in
late 1800 and early 1900. I found such sources of special value, for they
help generalizing typical weaknesses in the past design and detailing
practice, in evaluation and possible retrofits needed for older steel frames
and bridges.

Many thanks,

Majid Sarraf

www.uottawa.ca/~msarraf

At 05:44 PM 1/1/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>All:
>
>Training of structural engineers should include courses in art and free
>hand drawing.
>when I taught structural engineering courses I often said: "Think with
>your fingers"

              ~      ~           ~ ___
                       [_________]-|__)
              __________OO______O__O_O___________________________
                  |==========================================|
                   \               Majid Sarraf             /
                    \             Ph.D Candidate           /
                     \   Department of Civil Engineering  /
                      |        University of Ottawa      |
                      |           Ottawa, Ontario        |
                      |            Canada K1N 6N5        |