Re: ACAD Protection

Vince Yu wrote:

> Moni:
>
> I presume you are sending somebody your drawing files.  One way to
> protect yourself is to send them plot (.plt) files.  The recipients can
> plot them but not manipulate them in any manner.  They can plot by
> executing a dos command like " copy s1.plt lpt1" assuming their plotter
> is set as lpt1.
>
> Vince Yu
> Pickard Architects

Actually I need to submit all the structural drawings of a project to
the Architect and Client and I don't like the idea of handing
unprotected soft copies. I don't know how u guys deal with that in the
States.

I guess the .plt idea is good but I'm not sure this can be done with
Acad14 and Windows 95. At least I couldn't do it on my regular ink jet
Epson printer !

Anyways, it's strange that Desktop did not implement a password
protection option.

Thanks to all those who responded,

Moni Serhal