From: Barry H. Welliver [mailto:wellive(--nospam--at)ibm.net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 1999 5:41 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Electronic and Paper File Systems - Adobe Acrobat

Hi Dennis

"Dennis S. Wish PE" wrote:

> Nick Arenson posted this message last 12/20/98. I wanted to follow up on
> this one as it suddenly became an important issue in my office.
> I recently purchased Adobe Acrobat 3.01 and have fallen in love with the
> program. Virtually everything I do can be archived and viewed by others in
> PDF format.
> I use a Visioneer's Paperport deluxe to manage archived files, but it is a
> proprietary system and will only export to Acrobat.
>
> Does anyone know of a file management system that will track, organize,
and
> allow temporary viewing of PDF files? I've been searching for a program
that
> will work with PDF format and will create thumbnails of the documents.

Doesn't Acrobat do this management trick for you? If you purchased 3.01 and
got
a copy of the classroom in a book series for Acrobat, check out page 12 for
quick overview.

I too am interested in archiving docs and have been "cracking the book" of
late
to get up to speed.

snip remainder..

Barry H. Welliver