RE: Electronic and Paper File Systems - Adobe Acrobat

I'll check it out - my Acrobat 3.01 version came without documents (all in
PDF format) as a special upgrade offer from Hewlett Packard for their 4P and
6300 scanner series. The deal was too good to pass up - something like
$89.00 including the full Acrobat 3.01 version, Windows 98 scanner driver
update, Corel Web Graphics and a number of other software titles.
I love working with Acrobat and am using it to convert SEAINT Online into a
PDF for publication on the SEAINT website.
I've used Acrobat Exchange and Distiller with other Adobe products like
PageMaker, but it is restricted to the Adobe products only. 3.01 can convert
to PDF from virtually any software by simply printing to the Acrobat driver.

One problem I have run into is the output from the latest Enercalc library.
I found that in the wood beam design program the output will be created in
Acrobat but will be missing some of the text (possibly a font problem).
Summary tables will not show results. This is unique to Enercalc, but not
what I would consider a bug since Enercalc prints the results to a
conventional printer just fine.

Has anyone else experienced some problems with the Acrobat conversion? One
other is creating a PDF of a DWG General Notes sheet. The fonts used in the
notes will appear to be blurred. There was a knowledgebase on this which
suggested changing the anti-aliasing options in Adobe. I have not tried this
but was interested in problems faced by others.

I'll check out the document handling features you pointed to in their
tutorial.

Thanks
Dennis