Retaining wall Exposed to Fire

Hello Everyone!!!

I hope you all had a great time during the holidays!  I know it was hard for
me to come back to work J .

Our company has been asked to check out a masonry block retaining wall that
was exposed to firm.  I haven't been to the site but according to the client,
portions of the retaining wall supported a wood framed barn which caught on
fire.  The barn was completely destroyed by the fire.  The owner would like us
to evaluate the structural integrity of the retaining wall, which he says was
compromised by the fire.

Aside from having a material testing lab actually test the wall, I know there
are some visual characteristics that would suggest damage such as: spauling
and discoloration of the block and bent anchor bolts.  Does anyone have any
other suggestions for what to look for?

Have a great day!!!

Thanks,

Michelle Kam-Biron, S.E.