Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Welded steel tanks for crude oil[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Welded steel tanks for crude oil
- From: "Maria I. Falconi" <maisabel(--nospam--at)ecua.net.ec>
- Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 18:11:05 -0600
I have to design 4 circular welded steel tanks for storage of crude oil, each approx. 8 m (25 ft) in diameter and 7 m (22 ft) tall. I'll be using API 650 (for the first time, actually. I've ordered it from API), and I was wondering what other codes or standards I might need to use.
The tanks will rest on a concrete base on the ground and they will be erected in a zone of moderate seismicity (zone 2 I guess).
Your comments would be much appreciated. We have no local codes or regulations to guide designers.
Maria I. Falconi
- Prev by Subject: Weight
- Next by Subject: Re: Welded steel tanks for crude oil
- Previous by thread: Slab shear in hollow-core topping slab
- Next by thread: Re: Welded steel tanks for crude oil