From: Maria I. Falconi [mailto:maisabel(--nospam--at)ecua.net.ec]
Sent: Thursday, January 07, 1999 6:11 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Welded steel tanks for crude oil

Dear colleagues,

I have to design 4 circular welded steel tanks for storage of crude oil, each approx. 8 m (25 ft) in diameter and 7 m (22 ft) tall.  I'll be using API 650 (for the first time, actually.  I've ordered it from API), and I was wondering what other codes or standards I might need to use.

The tanks will rest on a concrete base on the ground and they will be erected in a zone of moderate seismicity (zone 2 I guess).

Your comments would be much appreciated.  We have no local codes or regulations to guide designers.

Regards

Maria I. Falconi
Guayaquil, Ecuador