Skylight in middle of square hip roof

I've been asked a wood related question.  Being I'm a novice in this area, I
thought someone on the list may have solution.

Q: Owner wants to build a square addition but would like a skylight (2'x2') in
the middle of the roof.  In addition, he wants an inclined ceiling to match the
slope of the rafters -- no horizontal members between walls.

He may tolerate two horizontal members, from wall to wall, in one direction,
such that posts can be used to support the corners of the skylight (top ends of
rafters).