RE: ACAD Protection

On the subject of copyrighting there is a question that has intrigued me.

When a client retains the copyrights to the drawings exactly what do they
own?  Does the copyright include to the individual details or is it limited
to the arrangement of details?  If Client "A" owns the copyright to the
typical details that are used on his project then this seems to prevent you
from using the details again for another client.

I know that this is not the engineers intent, but what really counts is how
the courts will rule.  Does anybody know the answer to this one?

Thanks

Mark Gilligan