Structure Magazine Questions

The next 5 messages will contain questions from Structure Magazine. (Those of you who are
members of your state Structural Engineers Associations already receive it.  For those who
aren't, you can subscribe for $30/year by calling CASE at (312) 372-8035.)  I would
appreciate answers back to this list-server or directly to me if you like.

Should the compression flange of a masonry beam, built integrally with a masonry wall
above, be considered laterally braced?

Sam Love
Love Engineering, Inc
loveengr(--nospam--at)msn.com