Re: Structure Magazine Questions

Roger-
I think the Olive view towers was more an issue of dissimilar structures
pounding rather than a gross stability issue.  I am sure that someone
will correct me if I am wrong.

Once the pounding damage had done its damage, the towers did fail.  But
that was really a secondary failure as a result of the primary failure.

Thanks for your input though, I was sure I would get a whole stream of
posts that said, oh yeah, well what about THIS structure in THAT
earthquake.

Look, I left myself wide open, aren't there more engineers out there
that want to take a shot? :)

Lynn