Seismic Hazard Map Tables

Although we won't be around to witness it, we can be assured that if
most of those map figures are correct within 50% in the coming
centuries, that might represent acceptable accuracy, considering the
only methods available to obtain them.

The forthcoming USGS CD-ROMs are rounded-off to one position to the
right of the decimal.

For that reason, before you copy them, I recommend removing a few of
those significant figures to the right of the decimal point in the USGS
mapping table examples shown on this site recently. Sure as mischief,
some individuals are going to believe them. Those figures represent a
preliminary issue, and are refined on the CD-ROMs.

Dick McConnell