Re: Life span of painted steel

Dear Alex

There is a National Guard Armory in Buffalo with 100' span trusses made
from
 wrought iron angles erected in 1884 that is still going strong.  They
appear to
to have beem repainted only once.  I used Tnemec organic zinc primer and
Polyurethane
top coat in an tunnel application where the steel ring beams where subject
to highly corrosive
ground water.  After 15 years, this painted system was in far better shape
than galvanized
members installed at the same time.