Re: Earthquake damage to masonry buildings.

Please try this sites:

International Masonry Institute
http://www.imiweb.org

Masonry Institute of America
http://www.buckley.com/masonryinstitute

Canadian Masonry Research Institute
http:www.canmasonry.com

Being in Oman I was surprised looking 7 stories adobe buildings. With no
reinforcement.