Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: Rockery Retaining Walls

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Actually, I was assuming it was a standardized term & I should therefore find 
out what *exactly* it meant.  I *assumed* it had something to do with either 
the mass (Mrock = 2 or 3 times Mman) or the number of guys needed to move it.
However, I figured it was something like a horsepower which has been 
standardized and has a fixed relationship to other, more well-known, unit 

I'd still appreciate a definition if anyone out there knows one, or at least 
info as to whether the term is a standard one (not as in ASTM ###-###) but one 
used commonly in the industry.  Rod didn't include his "figured out" meaning, 
so I'm still at a loss as to what "everyone else" means by the term.  


Charles Hamilton, EIT				Phone:	949.824.8257 (office)
Graduate Student					949.856.2797 (home)
Department of Civil and 			FAX:	949.824.8694
Environmental Engineering			Email:	chamilto(--nospam--at)
University of California, Irvine				

> From: "Rod Schenk" <rs(--nospam--at)>
> Subject: RE: RE: Rockery Retaining Walls  
> Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 12:15:46 -0800
> [snip]
> Well Engineers, its sounds like some of you are spending too much time in
> the text books and not enough time out in the field.  I live in the Great
> North West and I admit that coming originally from back East that the term
> "One Man Rock" or "Two Man Rock" was new to me. But being as smart as we
> engineers think we are it took about 2 seconds to understand what the term
> meant.