Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
AASHTO's R-value for bridge foundations[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: AASHTO's R-value for bridge foundations
- From: "Dave Evans" <DEVANS(--nospam--at)tnhanc.alaska.net>
- Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 18:06:49 -0900
- >received: from tnhanc.alaska.net by tnhanc.alaska.net (UUPC/extended 1.12p/sm2) with UUCP for seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org; Fri, 15 Jan 1999 19:15:03 +0900
- Priority: normal
I'd appreciate it if anyone could describe (or give me contact info for someone who can describe) the reasoning and development of the design philosophy AASHTO's R = 1.0 for bridge foundations in SPC C and D in more detail than the AASHTO Commentary. Also, would R=1 be applicable to batter pile design for dock and wharve foundations? Thanks, Dave Evans, P.E. TNH, Inc.
- Prev by Subject: Re: A36, A572 material model/properties.
- Next by Subject: Acad - Revisited
- Previous by thread: Re: lag screws
- Next by thread: Testing Autcad Viewers