Re: Shear-off bolted connection

Would be great if anyone who knows the exact source of this article, or know
of any article about such techniques in a structural engineering journal
gives us the reference.

Majid Sarraf
www.uottawa.ca/~msarraf

At 02:15 PM 1/20/1999 -0600, you wrote:
>For anyone interested in talking with manufacturers about gauging tension,
>it seems to me that (like a guitar string) the tighter the bolt is - the
>higher the frequency it would give off.  I seem to remember an article in
>NASA Tech Briefs about gauging bolt tension with ultrasonics - might be
>worth looking into.
>
>                                                                Greg Smith

              ~      ~           ~ ___
                       [_________]-|__)
              __________OO______O__O_O___________________________
                  |==========================================|
                   \               Majid Sarraf             /
                    \             Ph.D Candidate           /
                     \   Department of Civil Engineering  /
                      |        University of Ottawa      |
                      |           Ottawa, Ontario        |
                      |            Canada K1N 6N5        |