Composite Steel Piles

Does anyone know how to calculate composite section properties for round
steel piles (or columns)filled with concrete with no welded studs or
reinforcing.  I'm primarily interested in bending properties as if the pile
is a flagpole.  I think that if the bending of the pile exceeded the
strength of the concrete resulting in a full cracked section then once the
column returned to rest position then the concrete could not be counted on
any longer.  But perhaps the friction between the concrete and steel
provides for true composite action.  I don't know, any suggestions.