Floor Flatness

I am looking for information on equipment to measure floor flatness and
levelness.  I want to know if both the "dipstick" and the F-meter meet
commonly accepted standards for measuring flatness and levelness (FF and FL)

Does anyone have information as to which is considered better and why.  I am
thinking of purchasing one piece of equipment but I am getting conflicting
information from the Sales people of each.  Price is not the issue for me, I
am concerned accuracy and ease of operation.

Thanks in advance
Ron Martin