Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Cantilevered Steel Beam Contruction[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Cantilevered Steel Beam Contruction
- From: "Blake Haley" <blakeh(--nospam--at)weainc.com>
- Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 11:15:16 -0600
Does anyone know of any studies or information on the cost differences between cantilevered steel beam roof construction and typical beam-to-column simple span construction? I am wondering if by the time stiffeners are placed over the columns and any intermediate bracing of the bottom flange offsets the savings in pure beam weight in the cantilevered option? Is constructability an issue? I personally prefer a simple steel beam spanning from column to column with a simple framing connection, but I want to be open to use the cantilevers if it is the best option for the owner/client/contractor. Any comments would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Blake Haley, P.E. White Engineering Associates, Inc.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Cantilevered Steel Beam Construction
- Next by Subject: Re: Cantilevered Steel Beam Contruction
- Previous by thread: Thanks to Matt Nadkorni
- Next by thread: RE: Cantilevered Steel Beam Construction