Cantilevered Steel Beam Contruction

Does anyone know of any studies or information on the cost differences
between cantilevered steel beam roof construction and typical beam-to-column
simple span construction?  I am wondering if by the time stiffeners are
placed
over the columns and any intermediate bracing of the bottom flange offsets
the savings in pure beam weight in the cantilevered option?  Is
constructability an issue?

I personally prefer a simple steel beam spanning from column to column with
a simple framing connection, but I want to be open to use the cantilevers if
it is the best option for the owner/client/contractor.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Blake Haley, P.E.
White Engineering Associates, Inc.