Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Italian Seismic Loads[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Italian Seismic Loads
- From: Parkerres(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 17:00:09 EST
To all: We are currently designing a piece of artwork to be hung from a ceiling of a musuem in Venice, Italy. I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what is the correct seismic design coefficient for such a piece. We are currently basing our design on the 1994 UBC with Fp = ZICpWp = 0.80Wp, assuming Z = 0.40 for seismic zone 4, I = 1.0 for nonessentials, and Cp = 2.00 for nonstructural components "signs and billboards" or "exterior and interior ornamentations and appendages". Your input is appreciated. Ciao - Bruce Resnick, SE Parker Resnick Str. Eng.
- Prev by Subject: International Summit - Humor
- Next by Subject: Italian Seismic Loads
- Previous by thread: Service life prediction
- Next by thread: Italian Seismic Loads